Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Boy Says the Darndest Things!

Most of my pictures are on my phone camera.  Unfortunately/fortunately I don't carry my camera around with me as often.  It is convenient to have my phone that takes such great pictures, but I don't know how to get them off yet.  I have been keeping a list this month of some of the cute things my boy says.  I have never been very good about it, but figured it was too easy type them into my phone. 

*April 2: Steven loves to play Angry Birds.  I don't let him play very often because (like me) he tends toward an addictive personality.  He opened up a game on my kindle one morning as I was getting ready and he said, "Oh man, this is going to be a tough one."

*April 2: He asked to watch the potato show.  It took me a minute to realize he wanted to watch the veggie tales episode my grandma sent for valentine's day. Then, in his deep voice, he came out with, "Mama, I need a fruit snack watch my potato show." 

*April 3: We were walking out the door to get in the car to go somewhere when he looked me right in the eyes and said, "Mama, Jesus had nail owies in his hands?"  It gave me an opportunity to speak to him more about Jesus.

*April 5: We went to the zoo today, just the two of us.  What an incredible experience!  We always have someone else with us.  We walked hand in hand through the entire zoo.  We rode the train.  We smiled at each other.  Steven was kissing on me and hugging on me so much more than usual.  He would grab my face and just kiss on my cheek several times over.  I LOVE THAT BOY!!!
As we were walking out of the zoo he told me he wanted to ride the alligator to the truck.  Ahh, the elevator!

*April 5: He told me he needed to go poopoo in the potty.  We usually sit up there for a good long while before anything comes out.  But in less than 2 minutes of sitting, success!!  He said it was an "airplane poop" because it came so fast.

*April 7: While eating breakfast, he said, "Mama, Daddy Steven ride on a BIG tractor."  I thought he was remembering a dream and I asked him more about it.  Then he said, "Nana, Grandpa ride on a BIG tractor too."  He was remembering our family reunion in OCTOBER when we went to a fall harvest festival and all did a hay ride together behind a big tractor.

*April 9:  He was wearing his super hero cape.  "I am super man and I can crawl over mine daddy!"

*April 9:  "Daddy is not a boy, he is a daddy."

*April 17: "Houses have tap shoes."

*April 29: He set up a board outside like a bridge.  Then he got on all fours trying to crawl up this one very skinny board and said, "I am a polar bear.  I going back and forth like a polar bear."

*April 29: He was playing Frisbee with Wally.  Steven always asks Wally to "drop it" when Wally brings the Frisbee back.  He said a couple times, "Drop it Wally.  Good choice."  (can you tell we talk a lot about making good choices." 

*April 30: He came in in the morning for a cuddle.  He was laying next to me and he said, "Mama, I smiling."  He had the biggest grin on his face as we locked eyes.

*May 5: During sacrament meeting he was asked to whisper, as he was being a bit loud.  He said, "I am using my big boy voice."

*May 5: He constantly asks me, "What is that guy/girl/dog doing?"  I was rocking him for his nap and he asked me, "Mama, what you doing?"  I told him I was rocking my boy.  Then I said, "What are you doing?"  He replied, "I rocking my favorite mama."