Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Miracles

Every year the week of Valentine's Day, a local radio show does something they call "36 hours for Kids." They raise money for Children's Hospital here in Denver. Every year, I am touched by the stories of children who go through trials that no one should ever have to! I am touched by their lives, their love, their hope, their relentless spirits. I often show up to work during the week with tears in my eyes, and today was no different. I often play the "woes me" game and they "why me?" game when really, I have life pretty darn good!
I have really realized today how precious life is! You never know what is going to be thrown your way. We have little control over the future, but part of the battle is finding joy in every journey.
I am also including some of my favorite stories that inspire me to want to be better. (make sure you have a bunch of tissues handy and don't forget to turn off the music at the bottom of the page.)



My sister-in-law, Molly, was born with a disease called epidermolysis bullosa (EB). Her skin is missing collagen 7 which means her She has been blessed by children's hospital as well. Matt and I became Miracle Makers 3 years ago and donated in her name. It is the best $15 a month we can spend. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Enjoy every moment of every day.

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

That is the coolest ever!
You guys are so awesome to be able to help people that you don't even know with a kind of donation every month.
I am so blessed for Shriners Children Hospital. they are the ones that have been taking care of my Chloe's club foot and I can't believe the difference that it has made on her life, I am so happy that she can Walk!
I am so glad that there are poeple out there to help our kids. This includes you!

Melinda said...

Sydney's story was so wonderful-Samantha is just 2 months shy of her 4th birthday so to imagine her having to have heart surgery, I just can't take it. It's things like this that have caused us to decide that aside from family gifts, if we have a party with friends, and for Sammi's birthday coming up, we are asking her friends to bring $1-5 instead of a gift that we can donate to a children's hospital or cause. Kind of a celebrate your life by improving the quality of someone else's. When she gets older she will get to choose the cause of her choice. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for her and our health because I know it could be gone in an instant. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Melinda said...

I definitely agree with your sentiment about the media-the Special Olympics were SO sad that they didn't get more national recognition, I mean, we didn't even know it was in IDAHO this year till a professor asked Cory if he was going to go. And that is an international event! Good luck on your offer on the house!! My tip: definitely have an inspection, it can really help for negotiation. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you guys!!