Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting ready for Baby

Psst...there is another posting below this one. Make sure to check it out too!

We have been anticipating the arrival of Baby Steven. It seems so bizarre to think we have been waiting for five years for this time in our lives and here it is. We are exactly 9 weeks away today from our due date. I am secretly hoping to go a week late, however, so I can finish up my classes at school. Here is hoping!

Matt finally got the crib put together last night and our nursery is getting painted. We decided to do a jungle type of theme so my amazing mother-in-law is painting a mural on the wall. I am so excited!

The Yard Sale Crib I bought last year. Little did I know I would get to use it so soon.
Mother-in-Law beginning the mural. She just had major neck surgery a few weeks ago so it will be a work in progress, but I am so grateful for her desire and willingness to do this huge task. She looks at a variety of different pictures, picks out body types and faces and then just sketches them on the wall. What talent!

Showing Matt what colors to paint the tree she has sketched on the wall.

The beginning phase of baby elephant.
The beginning phase of our big jungle tree. I asked Matt to turn around and smile and this is the smile I caught. I can imagine our son making this same little face when he has done something mischievous.
What a sweet guy! He wants so badly to take care of our little family and I love him dearly for that. I can't explain the emotion when I see him feel Steven kick. My heart swells and my eyes water just writing about it. He is so anticipating being a dad. He promises he will get up for late night/early morning feedings and change dirty diapers. I have seen him with our nieces and nephew and I know he will be a good, patient dad.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Getting the nursery ready is so exciting and fun. It's always more fun to decorate the kids rooms than any other room in the house!! I can't wait to see it when it's all done!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That is going to be one AMAZING nursery!!! You look so cute pregnant! I wish I could be there to see it!

Melinda said...

I can't wait to see the finished product of the jungle room!

Eaton Family said...

The room is going to be GREAT! Not that much longer to go! I still get so excited every time I think about you guys! I can't wait to see final pictures of the room (great crib too - don't you just love yard sales)!