Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

I wanna be like you Dad!

Saturday is our fix up, clean our home day. Daddy is the Mower of the Lawn. It was an agreement we made before we bought a home. I am slightly allergic to grass (and I can't stand dirt under my nails) so Matt is the outside guy. The first few times we kept Steven inside because we figured he wouldn't like the loud mower. On this day I took him outside to watch Daddy and he absolutely INSISTED that Daddy hold him. So, Matt did. My super strong husband mowed the lawn with his nearly 25 pound son in his arms. Steven laughed and giggled and smiled. I LOVE my boys!

I am always reminded of this Tim McGraw song, "I've been watchin you"
He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watching you

No comments: