Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

100 Days and Counting....

It doesn't seem possible!
My little Blue will arrive in about 100 days. Actually though, we have talked and he has agreed to cook a week longer so I can finish my finals for my students. I am already miserable right now teaching at times, I'm not sure I am going to want that. I feel like I have so much left to do. I actually feel like I haven't even started to be honest!

I am growing my leaps and bounds and so is the little guy. I know, I know...I need to get pi cures posted. I was hoping that life would slow down after the wedding (Matt's sister) but it doesn't look to be so in the next couple of weeks. But all is well. My thoughts have recently turned to dread as I already worry about labor and delivery, breastfeeding, being up all night, not being a good mommy, going back to work after Blue arrives. I am a bundle of nerves! I try to keep reminding myself that God has a plan for our little family. I wish I could get a little insight into what this plan entails, but I suppose I will have to practice a little *gulp* patience.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my dear! I so understand your feelings of dread. It's tough. Good luck! I could give you advice and tell you it's foolish to think such things, but you will realize it on your own at some point. Good luck and call or message me if you ever need words of encouragement! Love you!

Kym said...

You haven't started to be honest? What fibs have you been telling? I had a double take when I read that sentence the first time. Haha.

Call me sometime, I'd love to talk through your worries - you remember, we used to do that all the time!

Get Bent said...

The first one is easy...it's when you have a 4 year old following you around, getting in the way and asking why every 2 seconds that will drive you crazy! But, all you have to worry about is the one. Don't worry about the nights- grab a novel, and you are all set. I enjoy the wee hours of the morning because it is so quiet! Breastfeeding on the other hand, is a wonderful thing, not being able to do it now ( I did for a month) because of all the meds I am on I feel a little disconnected honestly. it is a beautiful thing, but make sure u get some lanolin--it takes time for u to adjust...and don't tiptoe around the baby- play music, be loud, then Blue will be used to it.
there is my 2 cents.

Melinda said...

please let me know if I can ever help with the breastfeeding thing, it was really hard for me at first, but once we got it, we got it and it became my life-line when the post-partum depression hit. It also helped me to access the breastfeeding message board at www.pregnancyweekly.com and get all sorts of ideas and answers from the wonderful helpful and supportive ladies there that I will never know in person but will be eternally grateful to for what they gave me! And just know that all your feelings are 100% normal!

Jenny Axford Cook said...

I am so excited for you! You will be an amazing mom!!! You will forget your stress when that little one snuggles up to you and you have that time together. It's the best!