Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

My thoughts on Easter Morning

I would be very ungrateful to my loving Father in Heaven if I did not take this opportunity to blog on this beautiful Easter Morning. I have fallen into the trap of commercializing a holiday and forgetting the real meaning so this morning I had to do this for me.

The life of Jesus Christ has always been very interesting to me. A young virgin, Mary, was told she would carry and mother this Heavenly child. I cannot imagine the thoughts dear sweet Mary had running through her head. She was to bethroved to Joseph and was told she would bear a son, a child not his, who would grow up to be Jesus the Christ. She had much more faith than I can ever imagine having. She did not argue, she did not question, she did it with a happy heart. I am sure she was nervous and skeptical, but she did it. I have always loved Mary for her decisions and am ever so grateful she bore the Son of God! She journeyed, nine months pregnant, to Bethlehem and gave birth in a stable with animals. Oh, the humility of this woman! She nurtured her son up with all of the love a mother could have for a child. I know that Jesus knew who he was, but I know he also had to have a loving mother to guide him in the directions he needed to go. I am sure they lead each other. Thank you Mary! Thank you for all you did!

My thoughts this day seem to center around Marys. After Jesus was crucified on the cross, he was lain in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea. He was wrapped in the proper burial clothing and a large stone was placed in front of the tomb. Mary Magdalene went to check on Jesus three days after he had been placed in the tomb. When she arrived, the large stone was rolled away and the garments which Jesus had been wrapped in lay on the stone slab he was placed. Mary ran to the the disciples to let them know. When they arrived, they saw the atrocity. I am sure they were thinking, "They crucify our Lord and now they steal His body." They did not know that He would rise again. They left. They were saddened by the loss of their friend, their leader, their Savior. But Mary Magdalene stayed behind and wept. What follows is some of my favorite scripture:

John 20:11-17

But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,and seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not it was Jesus.
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest though? Whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if though have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God an your God.

He rose again! He lives again! He was resurrected!

2 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Thanks that was beautiful!

Kym said...

I submit your name to speak in conference the next time it is on Easter Sunday. :-) You have a beautiful way with words. Thank you for your thoughts.