Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

A year ago I was nine months pregnant and really, enjoying every single moment of pregnancy. Today, I am chasing after my crawling eleven month old, trying to plan a birthday party and reminiscing about the little tiny baby that one year ago was bouncing and kicking inside of me. I love Steven so much. I made a comment to Matt the other day about how I don't think I knew what true happiness or real love was until Steven came along. How did I ever feel content or complete without him?

Steven is growing by leaps and bounds! His two teeth on the bottom finally came through the beginning of June and just yesterday his top tooth broke through. He has really been an easy baby so far with teething. He has started to stand on his own but he gets so excited and proud of himself that he starts flapping his arms and falls down.

Favorite foods: Steven really is a good little eater. He LOVES fruits! He absolutely loves strawberries and will eat two or three of them in one sitting, and usually protests for more! He loves peaches and pears and bananas. He is following suit after mommy and loves sweets probably more than he should. When his cousins were visiting we ran for an icecream cone and nana handed him the entire thing. The boy ate the entire icecream cone! I was really flabbergasted. He wanted to be like his older cousins.
Steven is a cuddler! Heavenly Father knew I needed that! We enjoy loving on each other and playing together. He loves to hug and cuddle cousins or friends at church or Nana. He is so sweet and seems to know when people around him need a hug. He is very in tune with the spirit!

He LOVEs to play with balls, and he is really good at throwing them. He puts the ball over his head, winds up and throws it! I am so proud of him and his coordination. He puts shapes in their correct spaces, builds with blocks very well and does just about anything he wants to! He is a pro with electronics. He stands up and pushes buttons on our DVD player and box.


Steven loves Wally dog and we are working very hard at saying "Dog." He almost has it, but isn't quite there. He plays tug-of-war with Wally and his bone. It is about 50/50 on who wins. Wally is so content to lay there and let Steven do what he is going to. The other day we were on a walk and Steven protested very loudly to hold Wally's leash. Wally slowed down his walking and was very gentle while Steven held onto the leash. I was so proud of him. These two are absolutely best friends. As much as I can't stand Wally's black hair all over my house, I am grateful he is such a great friend to Steven.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

So stinkin' cute! I absolutely adored the story about Steven and Wally, what a perfect "boy and his dog" combination! Makes my heart melt :-)

Kym said...

Aren't little boys so much fun?!!

Darci and Ryan said...

You are such a good Mama and he is so sweet!