Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Cousins at the Zoo

I think this about sums it up...Cousins at the zoo!
Really, we had so much fun with all of our cousins visiting! (June 14,2011) The zoo was a hoot with 7 kids. Someone always wanted to go somewhere. Here is a sampling of our fun in the sun at the zoo:

Steven was looking super cute in his hat and sunglasses. He was ready for some fun!
Steven loved telling his dad about the tigers. It was very interesting to me that Steven was so enthralled by these large beasts. He babbled and babbled to his dad all about them. He pointed and growled. Matt patiently listened and told him what he knew about the tigers as well. It made this mommy's heart so happy to watch!

Aunt Carolyn's favorite animals are the giraffes. They are pretty fun to watch and there were a couple of smaller giraffes as well. They were so cute!

Steven is smaller...much smaller, than a polar bear, in case you were wondering. :)
The Polar Bears were kind of fun, too. Even though it was extremelly hot, they weren't playing in the water, but we got a great view of one sitting on the rock, almost as if he was posing for us.
Steven and Hannah measuring up to the Polar Bear. I think both of them might be a nice little snack if found floundering in the waves. I think the Mamas will keep a good watch on our little seals.

Sleeping cousins: Steven and Henry both fell asleep about the same time. They looked so cute just sleeping in the strollers!


Taylor and Steven are only about 4 months apart. She is so squishy! I love her!
Carolyn...what more can I say?
Josie and Amber...Josie girl is only about 6 weeks old. She was a trooper at the zoo!

Taking a break from the heat while some of us watched the seal show.
Hannah enjoying a drink on Uncle Matt's lap
3 Cousins in the wagon. Looking at these pictures makes my heart happy. I love when Steven gets to play with his cousins! He loves them so much!

Riding the Carousel:
It took Steven only a minute to warm up to the Cheetah (and of course, he was running VERY fast) and the round and round motion. He absolutely LOVED it and didn't want to get off at the end!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of all of the cousins on the carousel because of where everyone was sitting, but here is what I did get:
Aunt Molly and Nana
Cousin Henry and Uncle David
Cousin Emmett and Aunt Carolyn. Emmett is riding on his mommy's chest for the ride.

Family picture time at the zoo!

The Pachaderms are my favorite!! Here are just a couple of shots of them!
I have to appologize...my dear, sweet husband took the camera and this is only one shot of one animal bottom I ended up with. He makes me laugh, what can I say. :)

We had a wonderful time at the zoo with our cousins! We are so grateful they were all here visiting! We love you!

2 comments:

Kym said...

Steven is adorable. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Melinda said...

OH my gosh Steven is so stinkin' adorable!