Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dearest Bug,
My heart is so full today!  There is nothing particularly special about this day.  It doesn't mark any anniversaries, birthdays or anything amazingly special.  But it is a day I felt the amazingly huge spirit you carry inside your tiny little body.

Mommy has been struggling a lot with emotions and worries.  Daddy has been out of a job for 2 months and my job ends in just a couple of weeks.  Today, I just lost it.  I went in on my bed and started sobbing.  Your sweet little chubby feet climbed up right next to me.  You rubbed your sweet little hand up and down my back.  You kept saying, "Mama.  Mama."  until I looked up at you.  When I did, you looked at me, "Mama."  Oh, you always udder my name so sweetly.  Then you grabbed my head and put it into your lap and you held me.  Then tiny little baby I have held on so many occasions held me, his mother, in his lap.  Oh Steven, you don't even know what good you do for your Mama.  Thank you!  As you held me, I cried out to our loving Heavenly Father, "What good have I done to deserve such a sweet, pure, noble, valiant spirit in my life?"  I am eternally grateful to have you son!  You save me time and time again.  Thank you for holding me.

Later, after making brownies together, you let me hold you and rock you to sleep.  I feel it is so full circle.  Oh Steven, I love you more than you will ever know!  Thank you!  I love you Bug Bug!

Love,
Your Mama

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Brandy. This post brought tears to my eyes. All I could see were the final pages in the book "I'll Love You Forever" where the little (big) boy holds his mother. And the world is still good. Love you tons. I hope things get better soon.