Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Failure

Have you ever had a day where you wish you had a "due over?" 
Yup...today that would be that day for me.
Not sure why, but I just woke up in a bad mood I think.  I try not to do that.  I try to look at everyday as an amazing opportunity.  But today just didn't seem like that. 
I was angry.  I was mean.  Little bits kept eating the dog food.  Tiny Baby was pushing.  The Girls were into everything.  The wind was blowing so hard we couldn't do much outside.  And then when we went outside, they were into the water when asked not to, the mud, the sand.  I yelled.  I really don't like yelling.  I was angry.  I really don't like to get angry.  At one point, I even put myself into "Mommy Time Out" and cried and prayed behind a closed door with 8 little hands pounding on the other side. (at least I knew where they all were).



I feel like the biggest failure.  I don't usually like nap time because it means more chores for me and I miss playing with the kids, but today, I literally counted down the minutes until. 
Tomorrow is another day.  I will absolutely be better.  I will absolutely do better. 
I cannot yell at the kids.  They don't deserve it.
But if there is a silver lining, we talked about how everyone is a child of God.  We all make mistakes and say and do things we regret or Heavenly Father isn't happy about, but we can repent.  And no matter what, we are all still children of God and He loves us.  How do they do it?  Thank goodness for tiny little ones who are still so close to the veil, who feel the spirit so strong.  So yes....tomorrow is another day.

And to help out, I am doing a massage trade tonight.  That should get the happiness rolling. :) 

1 comment:

Smelly Moose said...

Oh Brandy, I have way too many days like this myself! I'm grateful that kids are SO quick to forgive and love me unconditionally even though I sometimes feel I don't deserve it! You're the best!