Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Woman's Work

It is not often I have a morning off (last time I did I created my blog!) but after a particularly rough day at work it was nice to come home and relax. Of course, you know what "relaxing" means: there is laundry and dishes to be done, dust bunnies screaming for their safety, clutter to be removed, toilets to be scrubbed; a woman's work is never done! So I took the morning to "fix" my blog. I must have tried 20 differant templates before I realized, "I don't like a single one!" So, I took it back to what it was originally. I thought, I have wasted an hour of my day! But in reality, the dishes are running, the washer and dryer are humming right along, and I feel reconnected to the world.

Matt and I have a rough couple of weeks ahead as we prepare to move to a new apartment. We don't know where we are going or what we are doing, but we are trying to stay in our current ward (Matt just got a Stake calling and he will be gone a lot of the time, so I want to be in a ward where I know people). When we found the apartment we are currently in, it was as if the heavens opened up and angels started singing. We knew we were "home." I keep telling Matt I am sure that will happen again, but no such luck thus far. I have to make a decsion soon though. Time is running out. Wish us luck. Thanks for all of your comments. I have really felt loved and connected to friends from all over the place! Thanks so much!!

4 comments:

Smelly Moose said...

Maybe you need to just move here to Spokane. Yeah, I think that's a great idea. Then you would have instant friends!!

Yeah, doesn't it seem like 'a woman's work is never done??' That's why my man and i worked out that HE does all the laundry. That just leaves me with dishes, cleaning, folding the laundry, cooking, taking care of the kids, paying the bills and running errands :) I wouldn't change it for the world (other than maybe hiring a maid and cook when I get rich). See ya!

Get Bent said...

YES. A woman's work is never done.
Sometimes I think I am going crazy.
On Friday nights I usually HAVE to get the floors and bathrooms cleaned before I can relax. Plus, if I try to do them during the day on Saturday Evie usually just crys.
Tip for the future...Mop at night after babies go to sleep!!
Anyways--Yes. If women didn't keep homes clean, oh man, they would be messy! Well at least with my man!

Melinda said...

I am a spoiled mama. Cory does a good share of the housework!! How about a move back to Pocatello? One by one my friends are leaving here. Sammi is doing ok with Anya gone, but I don't think she'll fully realize what it means until her birthday party comes-she has always requested parties with Anya. But once they're settled we'll have "computer parties" with our webcams.

Although, maybe we might end up in Colorado. We really are keeping our options wide open for the future, but we know we want to move away from here too, at least for a little while.

Lisa said...

Hey Brandy!! I found you!! :) I love blogging so I can keep track of my friends! Yours is way cute. Check us out at paulandlisathomas.blogspot.com