Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Birthday Letter

Dearest Steven Bug,
I cannot believe you are 2...2...where did the time go?  It seems only yesterday I was holding your sweet, tiny, pink little body in my arms for the first time. 
I don't think you will fully comprehend the unquenchable, deep, pure love I feel for you until you have a little one of your own to hold in your arms.  I know I didn't.  The minute you were placed in my arms, I fell hard, head over heals in love with you.  At that moment, I was pretty sure I couldn't love anyone more, but I was wrong.  See, over the past two years I have fallen deeper in love with you. 
Every moment I get to spend with you, I love you more and more.  There are time I feel my heart will literally burst from my body with the love I feel for you.  I thank our loving Heavenly Father multiple times a day for you.  I am so very grateful to Him for sending such a sweet spirit into our home.  I often don't feel worthy to be your mother, but I am beyond grateful for the opportunity.  Being your Mama makes me happier than I have ever been in my entire existence.  Up until, I felt so incomplete, like there was a huge void in my life.  But I now feel so complete, so full, so complete. 

You bring so much joy to my heart and my life, joy I didn't think was possible to feel, joy beyond comprehension. 
Your smile melts my heart.  Your hugs make me incredibly happy.  Your kisses...how do I put it into words?  Your kisses make me proud to be your mom!  You have a testimony of our Heavenly Father.  You know He loves you and you are his child.
Steven, I am so proud of you.  I am proud of the good choices you make, the sweetness you share with your friends, your dog Wally and your parents.  I am proud of the great accomplishments you make everyday.  I am proud and happy to be your Mama.
I know there will come a day when you won't let me rock you to sleep or won't want me to kiss you in front of your friends, or hold your hand anymore, but those are the times I cherish the most.  I love reading your a story and then rocking you to sleep.  You don't fit in my arms very well anymore...your legs hang most of the way down my body, but we fit together.  Your heart and mine, beating as one.  I love holding your sweet little body against mine.  I appreciate you for letting me have those quiet moments with you.  I will cherish them forever. 

Happy Birthday Steven Bug!  Always know your Mama loves you...
I love you forever,
I like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be!
                  Love always and forever,
                               Mama

No comments: