Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

A Call to Repentance

It all started early yesterday morning: Matt and I took his brother, Travis, to church. On our way we were having a nice discussion about repentance and the importance of it pertaining to the Atonement. I laugh to myself when I think of these discussions, not out of ignorance, but I can see down the road to having a big family with Matt. I know when our children get in trouble their punishment will be singing a hymn like Love at Home or listening to a church lecture or looking up love in the index. It just cracks me up! But I digress.....
And then in the middle of the night, I was awakened by my sick little puppy. Doogie is just like a little kid to us, and we treat him as so. I cleaned it up, cuddled with the boy and attempted to go back to sleep. Repeat step 1 a couple of times. My two boys (Matt and Doogie) were asleep and I just laid there, wishing sleep would come. I had high hopes the glow of the computer screen would lull me back into a dream like state, but no such luck yet. However, I have been looking at countless blogs, seeing if I can find anyone from the past, and what I came across tonight were several links to sights of families to have lost a child.
I have been called to repentance! I have been questioning "Why me?" for far too long! I have so much to be grateful for and still, I complain and whine! I am grateful for my family, no matter how small or large it may be! My husband is a worthy priesthood holder who loves me unconditionally and works to hard to provide for our family. If you hear me being ungrateful again, you have my permission to slap me or something! I love ya!

3 comments:

K Lind said...

No slaps for Brandy! I love ya, sweetie! We all go through times like that. Keep your head up and I will try to do the same.

Get Bent said...

You are fine! I write about very selfish and superficial things.
You can write anything you are feeling in your blog. That's what it's about. :)

Eaton Family said...

Okay...have I told you lately how much I miss you? I'm so lame but I didn't realize you had a blog. Now I know. Now I don't have to hear how you're doing through the grapevine. Love you!