Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My 26th Birthday!

It's true...I am an old lady! :) Yesterday was my birthday and it was wonderful! Matt was not feeling very well so he actually stayed home with me, so that was a treat all in itself, even if he wasn't feeling 100%. He gave me a beautiful card that expressed his love for me, which in all honesty, is my favorite! He also gave the "The Notebook" and a gift card to Target for me to get some new clothes for our cruise later in the year. He saw how happy I was that I could actually buy clothes from a regular store, so he wanted to help me out in that department. Matt has been wanting new phones for quite sometime, so we went out and did that too. I am soo excited for my pink bubble gum phone! It definaly will take some getting used to though!
Then he took me out to lunch and we just snuggled at home on the couch.
I did have to go into work yesterday, but it was okay! As I got to my desk, I saw there was a PINK birthday cake and a card. The staff who were around sang happy birthday! After getting to class, all of the night students came into the classroom (about 100 students) came in and sang to me! I was blushing and smiling from ear to ear! I was so elated!! The class of students I was teaching brought me cake and my rookie class made cookies! I felt so special!! As I got home last night Matt (and Doogie) had bought flowers for me. Matt's flowers were red roses and Doogie's were some little pink ones. (I had mentioned to Matt I wanted flowers to hang outside on our little porch). He is such a thoughtful man and I love him so very much!! Thanks to everyone for all of the birthday wishes and for making it such a special day for me!
As I was trying to take some pictures of my flowers today, Doogie took some time to "Stop and smell the flowers." I love this little guy!!
I was trying to be a good little photographer. This is one of the red roses my Sweetheart gave me!

10 comments:

Get Bent said...

That sounds like a PERFECT birthday. That would be a great birthday with people singing to you and cake and flowers. How fun. BTW- You Look GREAT!

Smelly Moose said...

Happy Birthday! You look fabulous!!!

K Lind said...

Matt is awesome! It sounds like your birthday was great! You aren't an old lady ... I am! By a whole year! ;o)

Rawlings Family said...

Wow can I just echo the above sentiments that you look great, fabulous and may I add fantastic! Way to go! Happy Birthday!

Criscell said...

Happy (late) B-day!! What a fun day! Sounds like you have a great husband.

Kristina said...

I'm glad that your day just got better and better after I spoke to you. It was a perfect Birthday and you deserved it all.

Melinda said...

happy be-lated birthday! Please take back 26 being old, please...I'll be 27 in Sept and I'm not ready to be old yet :-)

Marta said...

you offend me greatly calling yourself an old lady! Brandy, you were born taller than me but I was born 24 years before you, so you can never be "old". Happy Day and Years!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday! So totally random how I found your blog (nap times sometimes get long at our house!) but I was so excited when it was the Brandy I knew. This is Kristen (Andrus) Madson. Our blog is cartermadson.blogspot.com. Hope you don't mind me finding you.

Emily said...

You look great Brandy! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a fun day and got to spend time with your sweet husband!