Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Turning 29...again....

Wow.
For some reason, I have dreaded turning 30 for quite sometime.  Now that it is only a week away, I am really struggling.  I am not sure why, but I have been!  I made the comment to a friend the other day, "I am turning 30 and I haven't done anythings with me life!"  He looked at my son and said, "Steven, I guess you are nothing."  I stopped dead. in. my. tracks.

My son is absolutely my biggest accomplishment.  He is my life.  My world.  My everything.  I am ever so grateful to be his Mama and I try not to take a second of that for granted. 


But it also got me thinking, "What else have I accomplished in my 30 years on this earth?  So, I decided to sit down and compile a list, because maybe it will help me feel better about things. 
In my 30 years I have:

-Survived Jr. High!  (quite the accomplishment!  I thought I would share a funny memory of Jr. High.  I had a HUGE crush on a guy named Eric Jones (man, I pray he doesn't read this!)  He sat in front of me in one of my classes.  We were in the last row, so every Friday we had to bring in a piece of news that was happening locally, in the state or nationally.  I knew Eric always forgot, so I always brought an extra piece of news for him to read and talk about.  Man, I was whipped bad!  But it got him talking to me!

-Played several differant instruments including the piano, saxophone and tuba.
-I was the drum major my Senior Year in High School. (I was also thinking about this a lot the other day.  I struggled with depression a lot in my years and I was hospitalized for a week my junior year.  I was voted the drum major my senior year.  I feel very surprised that even after knowing what people knew about me, the trusted me enough to vote me in.  How grateful I am for that experience!)

-I graduated college and was accepted to BYU-Idaho for the fall 2000 semester.  I got a (very small) music scholarship.  I was told I had a lot of potential.  I am so grateful for those teachers seeing something in me that I couldn't see in myself.  I LOVED college.  I had enough old friends around me to make me feel comfortable, but I had enough new people around me that I could really find myself, discover myself for who I am.  I was the band president.  I really, REALLY LOVED band.  I lived at the music building, and I really needed that socialization back then.  Band was life! 

-I went to and graduated from massage school. 

-I have been a teacher for nearly 8 years.  I really love teaching others a trade, a passion.  It has been so rewarding watching students grow and develop a life skill. 

-I married Steven Matthew Anderson in the temple, for time and all eternity in September 2004.  He has been a rock.  As much as I have fought him, bothered him, butted heads with him, he has been a trooper.  He loves me despite all of my imperfections and he always tells me how wonderful I am.  Someday, I may even believe him! 



No comments: