Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Blessed Morning

I have a lot of catching up to do (don't I always?) but I could not let this morning pass without writing about how absolutely amazing it was!

Emmett came over and Steven finally let me dress him and feed him.  After feeding and dressing the troops (and of course changing a poopy diaper) we headed outside.  It only took a matter of moments before Emmett was sopping wet.  We decided to go across the lawn at play at the neighbor's house since they are out of town and we are watching their dog during the day.  The boys were angels.  No, they were better than angels.  They were perfect.  Steven shared...yes, you heard me correct, he shared with Emmett.  They took turns who was sitting in the driver's seat of the firetruck.  They swung on the swing together and when Emmett was a big scared, Steven held his hand and put his arm around him.  They ate a Popsicle.  They laughed at each other. 

On the way in the house, we all got sidetracked by the pool.  I stripped Emmett down first and put him in the newly filled pool.  Steven said he wanted to go in and I was totally flabbergasted that he wanted all of his clothes off too.  They boys were such a delight.  They laughed and splashed each other and got Wally wet.  I held an umbrella and got my fair share of wet as well.  We were all just enjoying ourselves to the biggest extent possible. 

We came in.  Got clean, dry clothes on.  Had a snack of banana bread and strawberries while the noodles cooked.  The boys even shared their strawberries!  Everyone ate lunch with little trouble (ya know, just the occasional noodle throw) and both boys went down with very little fight.  I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who knew I needed today.  He knew I needed a lot of help and he blessed me so greatly!  I do not take credit for a single moment of my amazing morning with my amazing children.  It was the hand of the Lord guiding it all.  I can only hope this amazing day continues on after nap time.  Which means, while the little ones are asleep, I should be cleaning up.  :) 

No comments: