Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday #30

June 17, 2012
For my birthday, I asked Matt if I could a mani/pedi with my bud, Rhonda.  He so graciously watched Steven while I went and got pampered by Carolyn in one of her last few weeks working the floor at her cosmotology school.  It was my very first mani/pedi and I was a bit nervous, but I am telling you, I am addicted!  I asked Matt how it was possible with our meager budget to afford a pedi at least once a month.  He just kinda stared at me. 



I didn't get any pictures of my mani, (my hands were a little preoccupied) but it was fabulous too!  Rhonda ended up with purple fingernails and staying true to Brandy fashion, mine were a lovely shade of pink.  I am grateful for Rhonda for coming with me and to Carolyn for helping me feel so luxurious on my special day!

My birthday weekend also included a yummy dinner (twice) at Kurtis and Rhonda's home of Navajo Tacos.  Yummy!!  We also had a super great carrot cake, complete with a pink princess candle and amazing singing from some of the people I love the most.  My grandma sent me some money to help pay for my bike trailer/stroller, so we have been having a lot of fun with that.  How lucky I am to have such great family and friends who love me.

I was so worried about turning 30, and on the eve of my birthday, I heard a song I have heard several times by Mr. Tim McGraw called My Next 30 Years.  It really made me think that this is just the beginning, absolutely NOT the end.
I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age


The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I'm gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I've done
Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears
And I'll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I'm gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I'm doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I'm gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I'll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years
In my next thirty years

No comments: