Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cuddling with Superman

Matt lost his job 2 weeks ago.  It has been a trying time for our family.  We were very lucky that is just so happens we were down 2 instructors at school, so I was able to pick up some extra class hours.  But it has absolutely been at a price.  Matt says he appreciates now what I do with 4 kids all day long more than ever.  But it has been extremely hard on Steven.  To say he is a "Mama's boy" would be an understatement.  He loves me just as much as I love him.  He loves to be next to me, cuddle with me, hold on to me...everything is Mama all the time.  (I feel the same about him!)  It has really been hard on him that I haven't been home to play with him in the mornings or put him to bed at night.  It has been torture on me too.  I cry every morning as I leave the house for work.  And  cry every night when I come home knowing that he is in bed. 

As I mentioned, it has been very difficult on Steven.  He is much so a creature of habit.  He doesn't adjust well to change and he doesn't like when things change without his consent.  At around 3am he has been coming to our room with his blanket in one hand and his trust stuffed dog, Woof, in the other hand.  He walks up to my side of the bed and in his sweet little voice says, "Mama."  He always speaks my name with such reverence.  I picked him up and pulled him into bed with me.  I didn't know he would go to sleep, but he did.  He almost immediately fell asleep and cuddled next to me until around 7am.  Matt said he woke up and saw me cuddled up with Superman and it melted his heart.  We call our little guy, "Super Steven" and he has Superman pajamas.  Seriously, I am in love!  I love this little boy so severely.  Don't worry, we are putting a kabosh on the sleeping in bed with us tonight...I love him so much, so severely, so dearly, eternally!

No comments: