Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kansas Cousins

My amazing mother-in-law had back surgery awhile ago.  My great sister-in-law from Kansas came to help out, and with that brought 2 cousins to play.  It was a hoot I tell ya!  There were 4 of them all together, 3 and under, and they loved each other.  Well, okay, let's be honest...they didn't always love one another or get along, but it was great watching them interact.  My favorite was Henry and Steven.  Henry is 363 days older than Steven, but Steven has 10 pounds and 2 inches on him!  They absolutely LOVED each other.  Up until right before they left, Henry always called Steven "Steese."  It makes me smile.  Those 2 little boys played and played together.  Steven always wanted to know what Henry was doing.  And a week or so later, he still asks me about Henry. 
Nana and grandpa have 2 little wagons and those boys pulled those wagons around everywhere.  I took them outside and they filled them up with rocks and pulled them all over the neighborhood. 



At one point they lifted up their shirts and were talking to each other about their belly buttons.  I was totally cracking up about it!  They discovered that "Hey!  We both have belly buttons.  How cool are we?" 


At one point, I took the two oldest boys to the store.  It was such a riot!  It cracked me up!!  We went to Target and the minute the boys walked in, they were trouble!  They were holding hands (which I totally missed getting a picture of) but their eyes got really big.  Henry said, "Look Steven.  Toys.  Come on, lets go."  And proceeded to run wiht his cousin attached at his hand to the toy section to look at trucks.  I was dying!!  It doesn't get any cuter than that!!  


 But overall, they were good listeners.  They got wraping paper rolls and started sword fighting. 

Overall, they did a pretty good job for a 2 and 3 year old. 

In other news, cousins playing the piano together
And does it not get any cuter than this?  4 cousins walking hand in hand into Burger King to enjoy some playing and a meal together.  I. am. in. heaven!  I love cousin play time!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yay Cousins!! I love the belly button discovery. Haha! Cute kids!