Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Little Things

I seriously feel like I need to blog everyday.  I don't want to forget a single memory I have of my little one, so I am going to be better about recording all of the sweet, little things (even if I don't have a picture of them). 

-Oh Steven, you have really started to come along in your speech.  You surprise me over and over again.  Your sentences are getting so much more clear.  When you want to get down from the table you say, "Excuse Please." 

-My favorite part of any day is getting ready for nap time.  We read a book or two, you turn off the light and then we get to snuggle and rock.  You so sweet to afford me these times together.  I know you are getting bigger and it is harder for you to relax, but I will never, ever forget the snuggles and loves you give me during this time.
After nap time, you usually bring your blanket to where ever I am and want to snuggle for just a bit,  It always takes you awhile to wake up, and I am okay with that.

-Lately, you have been asking during the day at random times for a "hug" or a "kiss."  Many times you ask to be picked up and you say, "Rock."  You just need your lovins, just like your mom. When you kiss me, you kiss me right on the lips.  Usually for everyone else you still give them "raspberry kisses" but I am the lucky one.  Sometimes you ask me to kiss you on the lips and the cheeks and the forehead....

-You suckered Mama and Daddy into a Broncos Backpack at Walmart the other day.  You absolutely refused to put it back  And then you started cuddling with it.  Daddy and I looked at each other and we knew we had been whooped.  You got the backpack.  But ya know what?  You have actually carried it with you to the store and the library.  What do you suppose it in that thing?  Tractors and fruit snacks.  You are such a sweetie and I am ever so grateful for you.

-You LOVE reading books, particularly books about trucks.  When I read Jack's House to you, you can finish a lot of the sentences. I love that you ask several time during the day to read a book with me.  I love how you cuddle up next to me.  I love how you turn the pages.

-Everyday at lunch you want to say the prayer on the food.

-You can count to 10 all by yourself!  And you do very well at your ABC's.  I can stop at any letter and you can tell me the next one, although you won't do all of them by yourself yet.  You also love singing.  Your favorites are "I am Like a Star, " "Book of Mormon Stories" and "Popcorn Popping." 

-I love spending time with you Steven.  I am so grateful for every second I have with you, every single moment.  I can't express to you my love, my devotion, my heart to you.  You have made me a Mama, and you make me so happy.  I want you to be happy.  I want the absolute best for you.  I cannot imagine my life without you and I pray, very very fervently, I never have to.  I love you Steven Robert! 


1 comment:

Jenny Axford Cook said...

I think it is so great that you want to remember everything. They are so fun and it's exciting when they are happy and do silly things. You are a great mom!