Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Festivies

Fall is, hands down, my favorite time of year!  I love that I can put my sweatshirt on and eat pumpkin.  Man, October 1 hits and usually by the end of the day, I have baked more than a couple of yummy pumpkin treats.  I love the smells, the chill, the fun that the Autumn time brings.  Our first  fall fun was the Pumpkin Festival at Four Mile Park.  They have hay rides, scarecrow stuffing, lots of yummy fall food, trappers, and other mountain man stuff going on.  This is the second year we took Steven and he really loved it (except for the fact that it was way too cold.  Our first snow happened just before this).  

 Here he is sitting with the driver of our hay ride.  The horses were named Black and Decker. 
 We have the cutest family ever!! 
 Trying his hand at a pair of stilts.  He did a pretty darn good job!

Our next Fun Fall Festivity was at Nick's Garden Center.  They have a pumpkin harvest festival every year with a hay maze, corn pit for the kids to play in, carved pumpkins and about a billion pumpkins you can buy.  I took Emmett and Steven and I think we had a good time. 
 Steven wanted to show me every baby pumpkin and take pictures of all of them. This was just one. 
 Those boys loved the little gourds. 
 Steven thought it was fun to pretend to eat them. 


 Playing in the corn pit.  I think they would have stayed here all day if they could.  Corn, shovels, HUGE dump trucks....a little boys heaven on earth!
 Washing the pumpkins.  He got a kick out of this and thought every pumpkin needed a bath.
 Hmm, he sticks his tongue out when he concentrates really hard.  Must be genetic because I do it too. 

No comments: