Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Potty Training 101

Steven has been showing signs of being ready to be potty training for awhile.  He almost always poops in the potty and I think over all, he is done with diapers.  I have to order his diapers online (he is a size 7 and even those are kinda smallish).  I have been researching and researching potty training ideas.  I have spoke to several people and I feel like we are armed and ready.  The technique I decided on was one I found on Pintrest.  (I seriously have a love/hate relationship with that thing!)  It said Potty Train in 1 day.  Okay, so here we go.  Feed the kid lots of salt, sugar and drinks.  Take them to the potty every 15 minutes.  Play in the kitchen if there is an accident.  Every time there is a success, call someone to share in the successes with you.  Seems easy enough...so, that is just what we did. 


 We bought Thomas and superhero underwear.  He wanted to invite his friends to wear the new underwear too.  They sure loved it.  We had stickers and prizes and we were ready to go.
Not gonna lie, we had failure after failure in the morning.  We would go to the potty, sit and sit and sit, and 3 minutes after getting off the potty, an accident.  But we talked about it and talked about it and came to a mutual understanding (at least I had hoped) about where we put our tinkles.  
 When he did end up tinkling it was an accident I think.  After an all day potty failure, I decided to do what my mother in law mentioned, put cheerios in the potty for him to shoot.  Stand him up and have him shoot them.  Guess what?  SUCCESS!!!  He loves to sink the ships and he would much rather to stand up to tinkle than sit down.  So far we haven't had any problems with this decision, and I hope I don't regret it.  But I am so proud of him!.  He is so proud of him!  Great job Bug!  You are growing up so fast! 


No comments: