Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cinderella has been my favorite movie of all times since I was a little girl. I remember laying on my bed with my daddy and watching it over and over and over again. As the adult I am now, I have often pondered if he was really watching the movie, or just enjoying the time spent with his little girl. When I think of my childhood, this is one of my fondest memories.

Cinderella really did have everything I ever dreamed of. No matter how many times I watched the movie, her foot always fit the slipper and she always lived happily ever after with the handsome prince. Even as an adult, I watch the movie in great anticipation wondering if her foot has grown and the prince would marry one of the evil step sisters. I love that I have tried to live my life as this fairytale. I always try to make it "Happily Ever After" no matter what that looks like.

I have been doing so much pondering, so much thinking, and some shedding of tears, in anticipation for this little one to arrive. I only want him or her to live "Happily Ever After." I want nothing but happiness and joy for them. And so, I leave with my favorite song from Cinderella, one I already sing to whomever is in there:

A dream is a wish your heart makes,When you're fast asleep,
In dreams you lose your heartaches,Whatever you wish for, you keep.
Have faith in your dreams and someday,
Your rainbow will come smiling through,
No matter how your heart is grieving,If you keep on believing,
The dream that you wish will come true.

5 comments:

Kym said...

Aww. So cute.

Kym said...

Oh, BTW -
I loved this blog countdown ticker when I was pregnant. It listed different developmental milestones for what was happening each week. It was fun to learn about how my baby was growing.

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/pregnancy.php

And, I loved getting this weekly email that explained in more detail about baby's development.

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-calendar?intcmp=Nav_Global_calandcalc_devcalendar&pn=Pregnancy%20Hub

What an exciting time! Can't wait for Tuesday!!

Carrie said...

:)

Kourtney and Benjamin said...

Such a great story! Im so excited for you guys! cant wait for tomorrow!

Melinda said...

I loved Cinderella too. And if you still have anxiety about her happily ever after, don't watch Cinderella 3!! That one has so much suspense it's insane!